Sometimes you have to spice up the holiday. Why not try some of these things to make THIS Thanksgiving memorable for the entire family.
- Netflix is always a good idea. You could have Star Wars or Doctor Who playing in the background while you and your family spend time together, and enjoy each other’s company.
2. Play board games: I love doing this with my family on the holidays. It keeps everyone entertained and active after they have stuffed their faces with turkey! My family usually ends up playing Settlers of Catan or Star Wars Trivia.
3. Themed Thanksgiving Table & House: Below I have found one that was Harry Potter Themed. (Images from Pop Culture Nerd) You can decorate your home and have it cater to you or our families favorite fandom!
4. Fandom Food for Thanksgiving: (Info from Tara Sim)
Lamb Stew with Dried Plums – The Hunger Games
Recipes can be found on The Spinach Tiger and Paleo Spirit.
Honey Duck and Orange Snap Peppers – A Game of Thrones
Recipe can be found at Inn at the Crossroads.
Deeper ‘n Ever Pie – Redwall
Recipe can be found at Redwall.net
Butterbeer – Harry Potter
Recipes available at PopSugar.com
Oosquai – The Wheel of Time
Recipes available at on the Wheel of Time Wiki.
November Cakes – The Scorpio Races
Recipe found on Fiction-Food.com
Turkish Delight – The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Recipe found on Epicurious.com
“Eat Me” Cookies – Alice in Wonderland
Recipe found on Bakingdom.com
5. Cosplay! Why not see which family member can come up with the craziest costume? It could be Thanksgiving themed or fandom themed! Either way be creative and see who can come up with the most unusual cosplay .
Let us know what creations and memories you make this Year!